Friday, April 20, 2012

YouTube Cooking Lessons

Inspired by free Internet videos, F&W’s Grace Parisi creates amazing global dishes.

Even after a full day in the F&W Test Kitchen, I still love watching YouTube cooking demos. The best make up for all the traveling I wish I could do. I’ve learned how to make dosa, chapati and korma from Vahchef, hosted by Sanjay Thumma, a former professional cook in Chicago. Maangchi’s Cooking Show, starring a Korean émigré and blogger in New York City, has shown me how to prepare kimbap, pajeon and kimchi. My favorite YouTube show, Cooking with Dog (thankfully not an ingredient, just bad syntax), is “narrated” by Francis, a gray toy poodle, and features an unnamed Japanese woman who expertly demos sushi, ramen and gyoza. Obviously, these video classes are no substitute for the real thing, but they are immediate—and totally fascinating.



Youtube Cooking Lessons

Inspired by YouTube cooking lessons, F&W’s Grace Parisi creates amazing global dishes. Photo © Lucas Allen.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment