Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The hungry audience: John Robshaw

Food & wine which food obsessed community has a new Member, textile trendsetter and Asia Explorer John Robshaw.

For his eponymous line, block printed textiles, utensils and clothing, designer John Robshaw travels to India to find inspiration, work with local artisans and production monitoring. "I will be a character in the lives of people with whom I work," he says. "I go to their weddings, their steady." I develop relationships with people who teach me. "If you look at my textiles, it has been tour with me like you in the world."

"I try always fruit provider if I travel." In the Philippines, I tried durian, record materials is, and I really liked it. Thailand has great fruits such as longan, star fruit and mango. Every country seems to have its own kind of mango; Thai mangoes are my favorites. "I have a sweet tooth, but I'm a sucker for sticky rice and mango with coconut milk."

"I travel to Asia for at least three months a year." It can be difficult to stay healthy, but I am a pig, so I eat everything. "I'm sick not worry you too much about."

"I visited the houses of the local weavers in Fergana where I all tried their homemade bread, olives and cheese."

John Robshaw Shops the Delhi Spice MarketJohn Robshaw shops the Spice market in India. Photo courtesy of John Robshaw.

"In Delhi, I focused on nuts and dried mangoes at Khari baoli, a street in the Spice market full of fruit and nut stands." "You have made mixed with different mixtures of secret family recipes all one million types of nuts,."

John Robshaw Eats Live Shrimp in KoreaJohn Robshaw eats shrimp in Korea life. Photo © iStock.

"While drinking soju at the shipyard of Noryangjin fish market in Seoul, I tried life shrimp." "Demolished the head and eat it."

John Robshaw Eats in ThailandJohn Robshaw eats in Thailand. Photo courtesy of soul food Mahanakorn.

"I stop in Bangkok on my trips to Asia, to eat for a few days." "Soul food Mahanakorn is a fantastic place where American Expats make good Thai food."

John Robshaw

Textile travelers and Asia Explorer John Robshaw. Photo © Richard Foulser.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment