Friday, April 20, 2012

Editor's letter

In the last two years, I have people who a whole trip only to a single meal plan into the ranks of the pilgrims of the world food. It began to eat with flying to Copenhagen to the neo naturalist Noma. This experience was so satisfied, both intellectually and Gustatorially, which I soon a trip continues to Grant Achatz in Chicago to a. This desire, the world's best food to visit destinations has taken over even a crazy dynamic for TV personalities, famous chefs and bloggers. We will document some great finds and recipes in this issue.

For our annual list dozens of pilgrimage-worthy spots around the globego our fabulous travel Editor, Gina Hamadey, identified. I'm the modernised English country inns outside London to my pilgrimage add to wish list. "The Council of one of my trip gurus follow writer Anya from brakes, I plan the head to Turkey to try the courts what writes you onIstanbul new Meze master." I tasted the amazing marinated baby artichokes with ginger in the F & W test kitchen, but I know that food on the Bosporus would be even better.

The recipes, the we by a diverse group of hard-traveling TV chefscollected - of the teacherly Lidia Bastianich, F & W editor Andrew Zimmern - more than appetite inspire. You make me head in my kitchen I the world in a week want, thus, starting with Luke Nguyen grilled pork Banh mi can travel. I hope some of the places in this issue-land on their own list of pilgrimage. Tweet me @ Fwscout , let me know!

At the old school of little Italy joints, Mario Carbone and rich Torrisi parm serves the best Meatball parm: juicy, meaty, sassy and trashy. 248 Mulberry St; parmnyc.com; 212-993-7189.

Gutsy, lusty food and intelligent ideas, such as the ginormous skewer short ribs with Horseradish and celery shaved. 53 Great Jones St; ilbucovineria.com; 212-837-2622.

Jim Burke (a F & W best new chef 2008) makes sensual dishes within the New York historical society as a perfectly cooked, clear skin fried sea bass. 170 Central Park West. nyhistory.org/dine; 212-485-9211.

Twitter: Follow me @ fwscout

Facebook: Become a fan at facebook.com/foodandwine


F&W editor-in-chief Dana Cowin

R & W editor in Chief Dana Cowin. Photo © Vaughan Blom on creations.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment