Friday, January 6, 2012

Looking for Gourmet Food Ingredients


I have recently started to get into cooking, mainly as a hobby and for family as I'm not that brave yet.

Stir fry's and the good old fashioned sirloin steak seemed to be pretty easy to master so I wanted to take my interest further and start to include some more exotic, exciting and tastier ingredients.

I started watching cookery programmes on the television, more for techniques than recipes but one thing that struck me whilst flicking through the recipe books ... I can never seem to find all of the ingredients I require in just one shop? This in turn means going from one shop or supermarket to another and was starting to feel like hard work and I was supposed to be enjoying my new hobby.

I then turned my attention to the Internet and low and behold, there were dozens if not hundreds of online retailers selling everything I needed online.

This means that when I sit down and work out my next master piece of a meal I can look at the recipe books, check if I can get the ingredients online (and they can be delivered before I want to cook my meal) and do all of my preparation at the same time ... job done !!

This then gave me an idea to build a website ([http://www.foodgourmetonline.co.uk]) to bring together all of the different online merchants that I used in one place and thought it might be of use to others in a similar situation and who knows, even experienced chefs may find it useful.

Happy cooking!!







No comments:

Post a Comment