Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Ali Wentworth: A comedian thinking Guide for the parties

In the new memoir Ali in Wonderland, comedian Ali Wentworth shares fun stories about growing up as the daughter of the White House social Secretary. Here, she tells F & W Christine Quinlan, as she and husband of George Stephanopoulos talk.

My goal is for simple elegance with mood. No matter, the Group - and we have the gamut family, people, the secret service be protected from must - mean husband and I to talk the same way. We always cooking and served Family-style at a long table - the more crowded, the better. At one point we lived in a brownstone Georgetown and had 100 guests for a dinner buffet. Of course, we could not all with us at the table space, so we had people hunkered down on cushions on the floor of the fire, and in the sit on the stairs, which was a lot of fun.

I'm big on presentation; I can be excessive with decoration. In the summer, I use mussels and wild flowers. the winter is Mercury glass Votives and pine cones; Spring is all of tulips, baby nests with chocolate eggs. My kids love make place cards.

Usually classical or jazz. I really like Rachmaninoff, but do get a little strange at parties. Occasionally, in the summer, I try the grateful dead, but this never works. Sometimes my kids have their music in the CD player in the middle of a party, we suddenly an explosion of Lady Gaga get.

George cooks or I do. We cook together, because we both have a tendency to very alpha in the kitchen. He will change the temperature of the oven on me, or I will tell him that he too thick the onions cut is.

We make no heavy hors d'oeuvres. We, only from Moroccan Spiced nuts or raw food. We have usually cocktails and wines; George is a great wine. Beef Bourguignon or chicken Marbella would like to serve. I recipe for the chicken, but I'm using the silver palate there have my own over the years by using less capers and much more wine. If there is a small group, such as just my friends, I will do a pfefferschnitzel only three on each side in the Pan minutes.

No family, because you get a free pass with them basically. If we a group of people who know each other, not, which have to be hard. But we try to introduce guests, things in common: "Oh, you both take care Orphans…" It is the opposite of, if I over a few of my girlfriends have and there are a lot of red wine, and we laugh hysterical and get in trouble.

When George and I got married, was his side of all political men and Diane Sawyer and Barbara Walters. My page was Hollywood people, such as Marisa Tomei. I remember me, arrangement of seats to confuse the pages I thought, it would be interesting for all. I sat next to a Greek nun Mike Nichols.

"When I was five years old, I a have at a tap dance for Henry Kissinger at one of my mother parties." "I remember feeling, Ooh, I like perform."

Ali Wentworth:

"I may be a large block of really good Parmesan cheese or, if I equipped for the weekend, a basket with towels and Molton Brown remained SOAP or lotion." moltonbrown.com.


Ali Wentworth:

"I am very Waspy." I'm so happy in jeans and a Blazer Ralph Lauren. "I tried to be hip, but it goes against my nature."

Ali Wentworth:

"I use many votive candles because rejuvenated people block ads themselves." "I try to keep everything even flowers, very low."$5; westelm.com.

Ali Wentworth

Comedian Ali Wentworth shares secrets of her party. Photo © Ted Sabarese.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment