Thursday, May 24, 2012

Anna Kendrick

The latest member of F&W’s hungry crowd plays a food-truck cook in her new film, What to Expect When You’re Expecting. Off-screen, she’s a bona fide baking fanatic.

“I’ve always loved baking—it feels like the stakes are high. Cooking isn’t precise enough for me; I’m a little OCD, and I like the way baking makes my brain feel. I take on projects that are more hands-on, like crème brûlée, although I burned myself pretty badly the first time I used a blowtorch. My biggest baking disaster was profiteroles. I couldn’t get the pastry to puff up without falling or burning, and I was running around my kitchen panicking.”

Kendrick is a craft-beer lover. Her picks:

Anna Kendrick: Fat Tire

New Belgium’s toasty flagship ale.

Anna Kendrick:

A malty, floral brew from Oregon.

Anna Kendrick:

Brown Belgian ale Prior 8 is slightly fruity.

Perfecting Fried Chicken

“It’s hard to believe, but I recently tried fried chicken for the first time, at South City Kitchen in Atlanta. I didn’t eat it as a kid, and I just never thought to order it. I had no idea what I’d been missing!”

The Hungry Crowd: Anna Kendrick

Film-star foodie Anna Kendrick. © Art Streiber/AUGUST


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment