Thursday, February 28, 2013

The amount of hungry: Food quotes from the vaults

The amount of hungry column began in the year 2011, but F & W celebrities about their love of food question time has since our launch in 1978.James Beard

Question: Which foods or wine gift would be used to bring your host or hostess?
Answer: "I would like to surprise-minded people with an unusual wine specific wine. for others, who are food-minded, like I new products from France or Italy to find. If I like someone very much I could bring a pound caviar to them."

Andy Warhol

Question: What was the most memorable meal in a restaurant ever?
Answer: "a big Mac with Fries at McDonald's in Tokyo, because it tasted like McDonald's in Union Square in New York City."

Diana VreelandPhoto © Horst p. Horst - art & Commerce

Question: Would cost no object, what would be your dream, food and drink travel?
Answer: "I would not travel for food. My idea for a wonderful meal is shepherd's pie with salad and a divine sweet, preferably in someone's House, prepared and accompanied by vodka (I do not drink anything else). This is the beginning and the end of my Gourmandism."

Alice Waters

Question: What would you eat for a summer picnic?
Answer: "this picnic is based on the premise that wants a chef not on their day of cooking. I had my favorite Japanese place preparing and packaging, grilled chicken wings, a spinach salad and sushi. I would bring filled with strawberries just sticks, straw mats, ice coolers, champagne, and a jar."

Fran Lebowitz

Question: What new developments in food you particularly like?
Answer: "I had ' t french-fried artichokes in Rome, who were great;" It is a way to a green vegetable taste like potato chips. They are quite heavy, because you eat the whole artichokes, Thistles and all. I had about eight of them, and I think that I consume a french fried Elm."

Related Articles

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment