Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Letter to the editor March 2013

As we celebrate the magazine of 35th anniversary with this issue, do I know that I have been the editor for more than half of his life! I've got some truly extraordinary experiences and look forward to many more. Here are a few of my favorites. Editor's Letter Julia Child (left) with f & W-editor in Chief Dana Cowin in the food & wine classic in Aspen 1995 "Julia had can be derived from the stage by burly guys, restrained their fans."

Dinner at Jean-Georges Vongerichtens Vong in New York City with F & W Executive Managing Ward editor, Mary Ellen. It is where I discovered that in this job, you wine, an appetizer, an entree, a dessert, even tea can order a bottle! As I grew up, was I more and more as a main dish and water stop.

We go to the House of Julia Child in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with F & W's food editor Tina Ujlaki, Julia's renowned cuisine, for lunch with her go out. The ride to the restaurant was distracted by the sight of Julia at the wheel, drivers unnerving - pass, risking an accident for a better look. Over dessert, Julia said that whenever a chef of their table visited and asked how they liked it after a bad meal, she would smile and say: "We had a nice time" with no comment on the food.

Jacques PĂ©pin in coastal Connecticut to visit. He and his best friend, Jean-Claude Szurdak, picked me up at the station and drove to the beach. Parked, they got out of the car and let the pants. I turned away, but when I turned back, they were in their bathing suits, ready with networks begin to cook small fish for a delicious lunch.

A party at the lodge on AJAX mountain, while the food & wine magazine of classic in Aspen, Colorado. The f & W-team surprised with a five-foot-high cake to my 10 years as editor-in-Chief to celebrate me. After restaurateurs Danny Meyer and Drew Nieporent, the cake into the room on a Dolly, chefs Eric Ripert and Daniel Boulud from the tip popped up.

Explore Singapore while I the top chef judge season 7 was in the city, the final. I have the best tour of hawker is Dave Chang and Gail Simmons with omnivores, spearheaded by k.f. Seetoh, world expert on the local cuisine. He entertained us wars and much more with stories of laksa (noodle soup).

A winter dinner at the Copenhagen Noma - one of my most memorable meals ever - with F & W's restaurant Editor Kate Krader and a few friends. Then we could a taxi to catch. The night was pretty cold and it snows; The hotel was miles away. But be prepared, we refused to go. Luckily a pedicab stumbled through and gave us a midnight tour of the city on the way back "Home."

Twitter: Follow me @fwscout

Facebook: Become a fan on facebook.com/foodandwine

Related Articles

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment